Cyanogenmod + TextSecure Sprint MMS Fix
I'm not sure who the culprit is. It looks like lots of people are having their MMS server settings screwed up with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and 10.2. I use TextSecure which alerts me to the fact that my settings are wrong and gives me an opportunity to set them up properly. Of course they don't suggest what those settings should be. After a ton of trial and error and about 3 different attempts I think I finally fixed it.
I originally went with a method that had me installing a new package and deleting some SuperUser only files. This didn't hurt anything, but it didn't work.
My second attempt involved running the Open.APNs application and setting up a couple new APNs (15 entries each!). This didn't work either.
Lastely I simply went into the dialog that TextSecure provides and entered the 3 lines of informaiton that it requested and boom! It worked!
So, if your problem is like mine, following the instructions below and you might fix it :)
- Install TextSecure if necessary
- Open TextSecure
- Go Settings by hitting your phones generic Settings Button and selecting "Settings"
- Scroll to the bottom and choose "MMS Preferences"
- Check Enable Manual MMS
- Set MMSC URL (Required) to "mms.sprintpcs.com"
- Set MMS Proxy Host (Optional) to "22.214.171.124"
- Set MMS Proxy Port (Optional) to "80"
Now head back into TextSecure and try to send/receive a picture message!