ISE/EDK 12 ERROR:NgdBuild:989 - Failed to process BMM information edkBmmFile.bmm
There is an apparent bug with Xilinx ISE/EDK version 12 that shows itself when you try to build a project in ISE that has an EDK sub-project. The Synthesis step completes but the Implementation step fails. This article describes the problem and the solution.
- One instance of: “ERROR:NgdBuild:989 - Failed to process BMM information edkBmmFile.bmm”
- Followed by many instances of: “NgdBuild:604 - logical block '[block_name]' with type '[block_name]_wrapper' could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol '[block_name]_wrapper' is not supported in target 'virtex4'.” (one for each block in your design)
- In ISE right click on "Implement Design" in the Processes Pane & select "Process Properties..."
- click on the "+..." icon to the right of the "Macro Search Path" field
- select the "/implementation folder in your edk project folder
- click "Ok"
- Rerun your ISE Build process